Ali‘i Health Center
Providing our patients with comprehensive care, by supporting their overall well-being.
Allow Ali’i Health Center-Mental Health Services to assist you in providing comprehensive care for your overall well-being. Our highly competent licensed mental health counselor is dedicated to facilitating a treatment plan tailored to supporting your specific needs. Please contact your AHC provider today for more information!
Meet Clarence, a dedicated professional with a passion for serving the community. A graduate from Regent University with a degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling, Clarence boasts over two decades of experience working for various non-profits.
Clarence specializes in Trauma Informed Therapy, and firmly believes in the transformative power of providing the right resources and environment for healing and overall well-being. His expertise lies in Organic Intelligence (OI), Person-Centered Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), and addressing a wide range of issues including Anxiety, Addiction, Depression, PTSD, and Self-esteem.
Clarence's therapeutic approach is built on the foundation of valuing the therapeutic relationship. Within the therapy session, he holds a safe and nurturing space, allowing clients to be themselves and explore their emotions and experiences without judgment.
Passionate, empathetic, and skilled, Clarence is dedicated to helping individuals on their journey towards healing and personal growth. His focus on Trauma Informed Therapy and broad range of competencies make him a valuable asset in guiding clients towards a path of positive change and well-being.
Our Licensed Mental Health Counselor can assist in addressing the following challenges:
- Anxiety Disorders: Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD), Social Anxiety Disorder, Panic Disorder, Phobias, etc.
- Depression: Major Depressive Disorder, Persistent Depressive Disorder (Dysthymia), Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD), etc.
- Trauma and PTSD: Addressing trauma resulting from various experiences such as physical/sexual abuse, historical/cultural trauma, environmental trauma, religious/spiritual trauma.
- Grief and Loss: Coping with the death of a loved one or other significant losses.
- Stress Management: Techniques to manage stress and build resilience.
- Relationship Issues: Couples counseling, family therapy, and support for various relationship challenges.
- Self-Esteem and Self-Worth: Addressing issues related to self-confidence and self-image.
Anger Management: Developing healthy ways to manage and express anger.
- Substance Abuse and Addiction: Counseling for individuals struggling with substance use disorders.
- Self-Harm and Suicidal Thoughts: Providing support and intervention for individuals at risk.
- LGBTQ+ Concerns: Affirmative therapy for individuals exploring issues related to their sexual orientation or gender identity.
- Adjustment Issues: Helping individuals cope with life transitions, such as moving, job changes, or major life events.
- Parenting and Family Issues: Support for parents and families dealing with various challenges.
- Work-Related Stress: Assisting individuals in managing stress in the workplace.
- Cultural and Identity Issues: Counseling that respects and understands diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Existential Concerns: Exploring questions of meaning, purpose, and the human experience.
- Substance Abuse Counseling: Specialized counseling to address issues related to addiction and substance use.
- Anger Management: Teaching effective strategies for managing anger and resolving conflicts.
- Stress Management: Equipping individuals with tools to manage stress and build resilience.
- Cultural Competency: Emphasizing cultural sensitivity and understanding to cater to diverse backgrounds and needs.
- Crisis Intervention: Immediate support and intervention during mental health crises
- Individual Therapy: One-on-one counseling sessions with a licensed therapist tailored to the individual's needs and concerns.
- Couples Counseling: Specialized therapy for couples to work through relationship challenges and enhance emotional connection.
- Trauma-Informed Therapy: Utilizing trauma-informed approaches such as Somatic Experience (SE), Organic Intelligence (OI), to address the impact of past traumatic experiences on mental health and well-being.
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT): A goal-oriented therapy that focuses on identifying and changing negative thought patterns and behaviors.
- Mindfulness-Based Therapy: Incorporating mindfulness practices to promote self-awareness, reduce stress, and enhance overall mental well-being.
- Psychoeducation: Providing educational resources and information about mental health to empower individuals in their recovery journey.